Wednesday, January 16, 2008

See My New Trick!!

Good afternoon all my loyal fans. It's has been an exciting week. There have been ups; there have been downs (actually there haven't been all that many ups and downs but I'm feeling especially grandiose this afternoon so you'll have to bear with me). And I plan to tell you about them all (real and imaginary). So sit back and relax as I recreate the journey this week has been.

First of all, Daddy has been tired. It could be from going to bed too late. It could also be because I keep waking everyone up in the middle of the night. Most likely, it is the mixture of the two. Considering the fact that Mommy and Daddy wrote off pop for the entire next year, we have been seeing lots of instances such as pictured at right. If you look closely you will notice that, that is the bear/reindeer I received for Christmas that he is using as a pillow.

Daddy's job has required him to do a lot of sitting at his desk and looking at his computer as of late. He seemed to be getting a restless with this so I was pleased to hear that Monday he got the chance to spend his day doing tests on an engine. Unfortunately the engine wasn't real excited by the testing process and bit Daddy twice. Someone should teach that engine some manners! Maybe that's what Daddy and his fellow nerds were working on.

As for Mommy, she has been enjoying playing with her new cook book. Last night Mommy and Daddy has Italian Barbecue Steak Sammies. I continued with my usual of Apples and Chicken and some sort of fruit. You would think I was getting gypped but they did let me have some of their fancy garlic bread (which I enjoyed greatly) so I can't complain. Other than her cooking exploits, Mommy and I have been enjoying a new play group on Wednesday mornings which gets us both some much needed peer interaction.

And finally, what you've all really been sticking around for: my new trick! I'm not going to tell you what it is just yet; you'll have to watch the video at the bottom and see it for yourselves. But I will give you a hint: the picture at right is part of the destruction from said new trick. I hope you enjoy it. I certainly have. I actually skipped an entire nap yesterday practicing. I was so excited. Anyway speaking of naps, I should get to my afternoon one soon. Thanks for stopping by and I'll look forward to talking to you all again real soon!

As always,
Addilyn Elise



3 comments:

Courtney e said...

I like the teeth marks on her crib. That's tiiight.

Tyler & Erin Johnson said...

Yah, we were thrilled. Now we just have to figure out how to get her to stop before she's eaten half her crib. I'm pretty sure stained wood isn't included in the baby's daily dozen.

Courtney e said...

Yeah... well when my mom tried to get me to stop sucking my fingers, she tricked with a "fun little manicure" and it ended up being some nasty nail polish that tasted awful... You could always rub something like that on there... ick. Thankfully I'm not bitter about it anymore...

I have some red mahogany stain that might match if you want to touch it up once she realizes it's not food, it's her bed.