Thursday, April 23, 2009

Week the third

Asher is three weeks old today. YIPEE!
He sleeps decently at night. He likes to scream a bunch between 8 and 11, but after that he usually sleeps pretty well. I (Tyler) typically will sleep through the one or two mid-night feedings and Erin will get a little bit of a nap in the afternoon, so things are becoming slightly more normal. If you have trouble getting your kid to sleep, I have one word for you (actually it's not technically one word, but the brand name has no spaces) Rockabye(especially try the Pink Floyd and the Led Zeppelin).



The other day Addilyn decided she wanted Asher to sleep in her bed with her. She really expected us to leave him there for the night. It was pretty funny.

Lately Addilyn is getting quite funny. Tonight we had waffles for supper and she proceeded to eat from one of the long sides of her rectangular shaped piece until she had a long flat side and a long jagged edge. This became her train and she drove it all around the table saying "Choo Choo". Awesomeness. I'm also pretty sure that she quoted 30 Rock at dinner. She's fun.

Asher is fun, but in his own special way. For example, I started this post well over an hour ago. I just put Asher in his crib, I thought he was asleep. He's crying again.




Addilyn loves to dance. The song we're dancing to is the new Song of the Now.




And now, a message to Samuel.

Grandma Johnson flies in tomorrow evening. Woo-Hoo. Erin and I are going to run away to a place where it is cold, dark, silent and with soft beds. Mmmmmmmmmm. Or that was my dream, whatever.

Tyler



2 comments:

Courtney e said...

I like it. I like it a lot.

Chelsie said...

I was under the impression that Johnson's don't dance. My head is spinning...