Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day

A run down of our Labor Day excursion: Addilyn helped Asher put on his shoes before we went out. So cute!
We went for one of our Chicago walks. This was the first of this school year and we chose #16: the Gold Coast. It was a bit of a disappointment. We were expecting things to be swankier and to see some more exotic cars. Here are the highlights nonetheless. CityWalks noted this house and a very cute street. This is less than a block from Lake Shore Drive and the lake. I'm not really sure what was supposed to be so spectacular about it though.
The family perusing the street.
Thanks to a very life-like birthday cake Addilyn will always be to recognize a Mini Cooper and frequently points them out when she sees them.
Both doing their "cheese" faces.
A Segway tour following our route. I hope they found more interesting things to look at than we did. Although I bet from a Segway everything is interesting.
Addilyn was bringing me a present she and Daddy found in the trees of the park we stopped at.
A locust shell!
She was so proud of herself!
Climbing on the bench Mommy was resting on.

The original Playboy mansion. I don't know about you but I was expecting something a bit different.
Addilyn sitting at the bar at Chipotle...also another proud moment for her.
So the Belly and the Bean wasn't out most recent belly shot; I completely forgot about these.
This was our first and, most likely, last city walk of the season. It was a little much for me and ended up being more stressful than relaxing. It was, nonetheless, nice to get out and enjoy this much cooler weather together as a family.

1 comment:

Kendall Smith said...

You are having a boy. I'm 90% sure, based on your newest side view.