Saturday, July 21, 2012

Another Digression: SkyRise

I promise that pictures from Garden of the Gods are coming, but until then let me tell you about a race I want to run. 

First of all, you should know that I don't really like to run.  Secondly though, I really like to climb, so when I found a climbing kind of marathon I was pretty excited. 

I'm guessing everyone knows about the Willis Tower in Chicago, though you may know it better by its previous name, the Sears Tower.  It is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and has one of the highest observation decks in the world.  It stands 1,450 feet and has 110 stories.  And every year a bunch of people run up it.

I heard about this race a couple years ago, but was unable to ever enter it, for various reasons.  This year is our last in Chicago, as I graduate next May, and so I hope to be able to capitalize on the situation and run up the 2,109 stairs to the observation deck. 

The only problem I face is the entrance fee.  It isn't huge, $150, but it is more spare change than we have lying around.  So if anyone thinks that this is as cool/crazy as I do and would like to make a donation to make my (short-lived) dream come true, I'd sure appreciate it. 

So in short, if you want to throw $10 or $20 my way so that I can run up a ton of stairs, I'd be so thankful.  If you read this you probably have our email, or my cell phone number, or you know someone who does and you can get ahold of us that way, or by commenting on this blog.  You can read more about this race here.

Thanks,

Tyler

No comments: