Thursday, March 29, 2007

Busy Week


So the last week or so has been a busy one for the Johnson family. Well the Tyler, Erin & Addilyn Johnson family...from Manhattan....KS....
......living in the Floersch's basement. Yeah that one. We left last Thursday for KC for interview #1 and went to my parents in El Dorado from there. Sunday we came home to Manhattan just to leave the next day to surprise Erin's parents up in Kearney. Got back Tuesday evening and had to be in KC the next morning at 9. Wednesday morning comes and on the way out of town we find out that Java doesn't open until 7. So I had to drive Mocha-less until Topeka where we stopped at a Starbucks and got a typically sub-par drink. While I was inside ordering Addilyn decided her outfit was too cute to wear so she royally soiled it. Once we were on the road again we did well till we got to KC. Actually the whole interview/job offer time went well. Afterwards we tried to find the Caribou Coffee shop promised by the internet but to no avail. So I called Courtney who was also no avail. So we ate at Wendy's and fed Addilyn and then called my mother who was a great avail. So we found the Caribou Coffee and drove up with the intention of using their free WiFi and our laptop to investigate apartments. Unfortunately my mind had been a little murky that morning and I didn't bring the laptop. So we found an apartment the old fashioned way and signed our lives away on a lease that seems ridiculously pricey but is par for the area. Then we drove to Caribou Coffee again and got some cold caffeinated libations and headed home where we had a small group dinner and realized the consequences of the days actions. Then we went to sleep and I slept for like 6 hours straight, right through at least one feeding, for the first time in about three weeks.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey my directions were great... my words must have been to advanced for you to understand :)

Kendall Smith said...

What a writer! Seriously, I think you missed your calling!