Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way



Hello adoring fans! You'll have to excuse my absence as of late. I was away from the computer for much of the last week and when I returned I needed a couple of days to recover from the exhausting trip. What a four day weekend! As many of you I am sure know, Mommy, Daddy and I traversed the treacherous highways this past Wednesday in our quest for Grandpa and Grandma Butts' house. While the roads were a little slick and the atmosphere less than crystal clear, we persevered and made it to Kearney safely and with only a minor run in with an eerie patch of wind turbines (they would appear out of no where and then return back into the fog; creepy!). Regardless our car liked the trip; see video 1. Once in Kearney we enjoyed a weekend of food, family, and fun. Grandma prepared an exquisite meal on Thanksgiving complete with my new favorites of mashed potatoes w/ gravy, sweet potatoes, rolls with peach jam, peach pie, cool whip, pumpkin pie, etc. Great grandparents Diamond and Great Great Uncle Richard joined us in Kearney for Thanksgiving Day which was fun and meant that I got more than enough attention to slake the thirst of my budding ham within. Other notable events included meeting a wise, ancient sage in the form of a patchy-fur cat, and a hyperactive dog in the form of a hyperactive dog. It was a fun trip. This week has been fairly productive thus far. We almost got a Christmas Tree but we did manage to procure a stand. We almost bought a tree but it had an alien infestation and as everyone knows once you get those in your house, the never leave. Dad has been gone a little more often that usual at night. He joined a Hapkido school here in town; Mom is looking into joining the community center, and best of all tomorrow's payday. We are looking forward to hosting Christmas this year and making our plans accordingly. Should be fun.

Well, Mama wants to make animal noises at me so I have to go.

We'll keep the light on for you......

Addilyn Elise







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Addilyn - we missed you. It's always nice when you allow the rest of us a glimpse into your life. (Anon-G'ma)
P.S. You're cute!

Courtney e said...

Addilyn's got a ton of hair suddenly! Cute Cute. Oh and thanks for updating your blog... my days will go a little faster now...

Anonymous said...

yeah 2 posts today! Wow, most impressive. I'm off to K.C. for the weekend, and I think these are enough to hold me over till monday. Oh, and for the first video: Holy antenna's of doom Batman! That's one wild and wacky ride. And the second video: I think she'll be a fine tree climber today. Part alien that she is. Also; flippin cute!