Monday, March 24, 2008

My hands felt just like two balloons

Due to the highly technical nature of this post I'm afraid I, Addilyn Elise, must pass the keyboard to my father. I apologize if you find he has no penchant for the English vernacular but I really don't have a clue about cars. So without further ado...

A couple of weeks ago the Heater/AC controls went out in our Chrysler. I took the control box out and looked it over and found that a circuit chip had broken loose and I couldn't fix it. So we had to get a new one. It wasn't a big deal but whenever we drove anywhere hot air would be expelled out the defrost at a rate proportional to
our speed. Needless to say it was not fun to travel on the highway. Luckily we found a part on Ebay for $20 and got it fixed.
Shortly after that issue surfaced the starter in the Mazda, which has never been really trustworthy, decided to fail us for good. I've included pictures of this portion cause the starter on this car is a royal pain to get out. In the first picture you can see the state of the car when I'm ready to put the starter in . The second shows the starter installed and the third shows the engine back together. If you can't find the starter don't worry, I couldn't either at first. It took me a full evening to get the thing out but

only a couple hours to get it back together. Luckily again we found somebody near St. Joe who rebuilt it for $50, instead of the $150 for a remanufactured one.
In the midst of these two problems we drove down to my parents in El Dorado and on the way noticed a weird feeling in the car. When we got down there we found that the front brakes needed to be replaced and that one of the rear tires had a very bald spot which was bulging. So two new tires, a pair of rotors and some pads later we are about done with car issues.
All in all we got a lot of stuff done at minimal cost which was nice. And now we have two cars which run, until something else happens.

On another note we went to Erin's parents for Easter and while there I was suddenly suckered into putting crown moulding on the top of their cabinets, which was fun. So if anyone would like some crown moulding on their cabinets, I'll lend you a saw.


Tyler

1 comment:

Courtney e said...

I have a 1996 Ford Taurus for sale. Just over 199000 miles, other than that, it's like new. Wheels freshly balanced, I'll even throw in a car vac for free!

$5,000.00 makes the deal!