Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July and such...

Look it's Erin Buttersworth
Can you find Addilyn's tuft of hair?
Pre-Fireworks
Post Fireworks
I'm teaching her to drum on her stomach
Now for the drum-off
Hello, it's 3:10 and we aren't going to Yuma, I don't even know where Yuma is. But at 4:00 we are going to our small group so perhaps that will suffice. The long weekend was good to us. Friday we didn't do much for most of the day. It rained quite a bit at our apartment, so to escape we went North into town to watch the fireworks. The show was touted as the largest land based fireworks show in the nation so I was excited. We parked about a mile and a half away from where we ended up sitting. We just kinda followed the crowd. Then we sat on a grassy knoll in the middle of a park for about 1.5 hours before the show started. The show was quite good and Addilyn really liked it, see videos below. My only complaint was that the show lasted only about 15 minutes. It was quite huge but I was hoping for a longer show. The next morning we slept in a bit. I went to the gym to do some Tae Kwon Do with a dude who used to go to K-State and now works for NASA as well, he's been out of TKD for about 4 years and so I'm helping him get up to snuff again. Later I changed oil in the Mazda in our parking lot, that's fun. Then in the evening we watched "Batman Begins" in anticipation for "The Dark Knight" which hits theatres on July 18 and which we will likely see two weekends later when my parents are down to watch Addilyn. I'm pretty stoked. Erin said that if we become billionaires then I could become a Batman type superhero, I'm currently accepting donations, but don't tell anyone. So that brings us to today. I just played a round of Disc Golf with a dude from California. I won by one stroke. We have a decent little course near us. It was fun. Now I'm going to have to go and wake up the ladies so we can get ready for small group. We're having hamburgers. Mmmmmm

4 comments:

Kendall Smith said...

Those fireworks videos are so funny, because I see a silhouette of Addilyn's little piggy tails!!! How cute she is in those. And I will send $3 towards your superhero endeavor. Take luck.

Courtney e said...

How about I just send you the dollar bill that you just sent me... does that cover my part?

Fireworks look like fun - I, too, love the silhouette of Addilyn!

Courtney e said...

P.S. Erin - you totally made that necklace didn't you! :) I like it!

Unknown said...

I, too, love Addilyn's piggy tails, and how fun on the fireworks video. Instead of money, Tyler, I'd like to sew your superhero cape, if I may be given that honor.