Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is there anybody out there?


Good evening everybody. Addilyn here again. I know I haven't written in a while but I've immersed myself in Texas culture so that I may function better down here and I've just lately remembered how to use a computer. Life's been pretty good for my cohorts and me. Maybe a little dull lately; the most exciting thing we've done recently would be the softball game we played with our church, but more on that later. Actually no, lets start with that. Last Friday night our church (http://onelife.tv/) hosted a softball game. It was rather impressive, our little church had enough people for two teams. It was fun, we ate some BBQ, I didn't eat much, I hate hot dogs. After the meal the grown ups, and some kids, hit the field and tried to hit some balls. Daddy went to his usual (apparently, years ago he played softball semi-regularly for a couple months a year) position as shortstop. He then got kicked back to left field, which as everyone knows is the glory spot. Long story short, he caught four fly balls, one diving-ish, and was awarded MVP. His team ended up winning 4-3 and three of their runs were from the first inning. His accolades included a sweet trophy and an itunes gift card. Naturally this elated him and so this week he spent time he could of been playing with me finding and downloading songs. It wasn't all bad though, I like dancing to some of them. Here are some of my favorite newly begotten songs: Eagles - Those Shoes, James Gang - Funk 49, Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen (Momma makes fun of Daddy for buying that song), Nirvana - You know You're Right, Dave Matthews - Gravedigger, Don McLean - American Pie & The Who - Bargain. If you don't recognize any of those songs I suggest you check them out. They're pretty fantastical. Following the pattern of music the next day we trouped off to Borders, our favorite respite from the heat. They were having a 40% music sale for members and since we are members we felt it was our patriotic duty to help boost the economy, which certainly isn't suffering from a recession, right? So Momma and Daddy each chose a CD. We left the store with "The Yes Album" by Yes, "Stand Up" by Dave Matthews Band, & the book Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton. Guess who chose which. Then we wandered about an area called "the village" for a while. It was pretty fun, but hot. Later that evening on the way home we stopped and Daddy tried to play some disc golf. I say tried because he didn't do that well and the course was rather difficult to maneuver. It was a good day all in all. Sunday we went to church, came home, napped and went to small group. Also a good day. This week has gone quickly. It's Thursday today. As usual I'm astounding the parents with my quick, dry wit, insatiable appetite (sans green things), and my overall amazingly talented self. I can mimic up to almost a dozen creatures, if you catch me at the right time and place. I very much like to say "Where did it go?" and am finding ebonical ways of saying it in one syllable; I think this method will really catch on and I'll revamp the whole English language into mono-syllabic screeches.

If you're stuck thinking, "Man alive I can't believe how awesome those last two weeks were for the Johnson's. I bet they're glad they moved to Houston." You'd be right for the most part, but check out our pre-moving plans for the two weeks after July 4th. Oh wait you probably can't, cause from what I hear, half of the people who read this are on a vacation.



I apologize for that last paragraph. I had to stop for a drink refreshment and diaper change and my slightly bitter father just had to get his blurb in. So that about wraps (or if you read this with rhythm, raps) it up for me.


Until next time,


Addilyn Elise






2 comments:

Courtney e said...

Whats the map for?

Unknown said...

we stayed home from our vacation long enough to get your update. Keep laughing - Addilyn - the world might actually laugh with you.