Friday, March 27, 2009

Projects

As mentioned in the previous post, Courtney is staying with us for a couple of weeks to visit and help prep for the new baby. She's been very helpful thus far and we're very excited that she decided to stay another week. Since she's super crafty, I've sort of taken advantage of her to get some projects done around the house. Back in October we bought Addilyn a little table at IKEA. It wasn't really finished or anything so I thought that I could paint it and make it look cute. It's now March and I still hadn't made any steps toward this project. She (with help from Grandpa Johnson) finished the painting a couple of days ago and here are the before and after pictures to prove it.

Before:


After:They painted each of the legs a different color (not to mention the two-toned chairs) and the table top is painted in chalkboard paint so Addilyn can write on it. She's pretty excited.

Other than the table, we have Courtney painting our very cheap DVD tower. It was a rather ugly light wood color and she's painting it black (what other color would Courtney paint?). I think it will look tons better and will fit in with our living room much better. Yah!

Thanks Courtney!!

4 comments:

Courtney e said...

I think it's funny that you guys laugh at me for painting everything black and now you're having me paint your stuff black! Nice blog... I like it :)

Tyler & Erin Johnson said...

Well I think it's funny that you are sitting on our couch leaving us an online comment.

Courtney e said...

Yeah... I'm hilarious that way. Hey while you're up, can you get me a drink?? :)

Denita Dyck said...

i'm kinda thirsty too...