Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Spy

This week's activity might have been a bit of a cop out.  I really wanted to take the kids to the North Park Village Nature Center and found a way to include our 'I' week activity in the process.
The Nature Center is in the same park as Asher's preschool (which is also where he and Addilyn had gymnastics way back in the day).
It's a pretty fun little area.  There's plenty of trails and area to run.
And run.
It used to be a TB sanitarium and now is a 46-acre nature preserve with 4 different ecosystems for you to wander through and explore.  Hey look, wetlands.
Pausing to pose with my baby.

Hey look, the bottom of my shoe.
I spy with my little eye something that starts with D.
It's kind of eerie to walk so close to one of these guys.  I would have been frightened had this been Kansas but these have grown up in this nature preserve and are used to people wandering by.  It was still cool and kind of creepy though.
See you later. Gotta run!



No comments: