Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas and such (Part 1)

Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family, lots of food, and loads of fun. I certainly had an eventful last few days. Last weekend we made the trek halfway across the state of Kansas to visit the Grandparents de la Mommy (which would make them my great grandparents). Saturday we celebrated with Grandpa's family and Sunday we celebrated with Grandma's. We saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in quite a while and a few I had never even met before. The most noteworthy of the new introductions was between me and this little fellow named Dayne. He was born only 8 days ago and is the new son of Mommy's cousin Ashley. For being so little he was surprisingly mellow and alert. Mommy says that I was a little more sleepy at that age and judging from the fact that I don't remember that time at all, I'll agree. Once again, congratulations Ashley and Derek!
After another long drive and a roaring game of pinochle, we had our Christmas with the Butts' on Christmas Eve. It was loads of fun. With all the practice at the previous 2 celebrations, I really started getting in the opening present game. That paper is pretty cool stuff. I would like to do some more investigating into how that stuff works but I keep getting distracted by all the new toys and books!! Boy did I ever hit the jackpot. I even came away with a rocking green dinosaur. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to ride on it just yet but it is pretty cool to look at and pet.


So that brings you up to Christmas Eve. I will leave Christmas Day and thereafter until our next installment.

Until then,
Addilyn Elise

No comments: