Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Look... We got a tree!!



That's right; we finally got our tree. We went out on Saturday afternoon to a local tree farm to pick out our tree. Nevermind that it was cold and rainy; we stuck it out and found a wonderful tree. And the best part is it was free!! A local church bought a tree farm last year and was giving away Christmas trees as a ministry and a way to clear the land. We even ended up attending church there the next morning (where some strange boy in the nursery tried to kiss me!!).
So the top picture is of the three of us (mostly Mommy and me but you can see the corner of Daddy's glasses at the edge of the picture) with our tree in the field. The next is of our car as we prepared to take it home. The third was of me after Daddy had put up the tree and started with the lights. It was my first sight of our tree in the house. And the last is of it all the way up and decorated. It's really pretty, isn't it? I'm especially fond of the lights and the red ornaments. I wonder what they'd taste like. Mommy's been watching me a little too closely for me to find out yet but I'll keep trying. I can be pretty stubborn when I want to be.
Until next time,
Addilyn Elise

3 comments:

Courtney e said...

Awww it's pretty! I think for Christmas everyone should bring their own tree... then we can compare them. Will a 9 footer fit in your house? I know mine will, no problem... Kendall and Joel have a pretty tall one too... Yeah, this is what we should do... your dining area will be full of trees, what fun. It'll be kind of like the Festival of Trees, but only for the Johnson Family.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great looking tree. Has Addilyn tried to become the topper for it yet? hehe.

Tyler & Erin Johnson said...

You don't recognize that car? It was my parents'. They got a new one and gave us this one. Ain't it a beaut? It was a good thing though, because the Mazda sprung a major leak shortly after we got the Chrysler. While Tyler was able to fix it, we would have been in a big trouble without the Chrysler.