Monday, December 31, 2007

Pandemonium (Christmas and Such part deux)

In preparation for Christmas I started with a bath. It was a good bath and I got clean. Mostly I just wanted to include this first picture. My aunt, uncle and cousin of the Smith persuasion came late on the eve of Christmas. So I took the opportunity to exert my dominance over Oliver. Not only am I three weeks older, but my head is much larger and therefore more able to do damage in ramming type situations.
Mommy and Grandmommy worked at preparing the meal while the rest of us steered clear. The most eventful part was when the kitchen sink decided to clog and so Daddy took it all apart, poked at it and found some excuse to get on the roof; but it was all to no avail. During this time the rest of my auntage and grandparentage arrived. They mostly steered clear from then on too. Despite the adversity the women made a delicious Christmas meal which all nine and two halves of us enjoyed around a slightly too small table. After the meal we said our goodbyes to the Butts and got started with the presents. Highlights of this day included an awesome rocking horse (compliments of aunt Courtney), LEGO, puzzles, a funky book and some blocks. In the end I have more toys now than I know what to do with. Some other notable additions to my four dimensional sphere of knowledge: Daddy got a cool helicopter thing that I like to watch, Mommy got a large ball which she exercises with, Grandpa likes to play Mario Kart, Daddy's garage is much noisier now, Mommy gets to buy new clothes and cook exotic things, Courtney makes cool rocking horses, Oliver is loud like me, Christmas is exhausting and messy too.
The next day those still around helped do the dishes. It's kinda hard without a kitchen sink, but the bathrooms worked well. Slowly they all left too and for the first time in a long while it was just the three of us again. I think we sat and let the silence engulf us for about three hours. It was blessed. Then we began cleaning the house and packing for our trip up north. We kicked the tree out and chucked the adorning gingerbread men. Then the real cleaning began. But honestly it was probably better with the hardwood floors than if it had been carpet. The place finally was clean enough and the packing done and we went to bed. Next, the trip.
Until then,
Addilyn Elise








3 comments:

Courtney e said...

Poor little Ginger Bread army. Was it because they didn't know the muffin man? By the way, do you know the muffin man?

Anonymous said...

I know the muffin man. He lives on Mullberry lane. Last time I went over there I think he was losing it, kept muttering something about the ginger bread army coming to get him. Pretty creepy guy really, good muffins though. On a totally unrelated note and topic. This website needs more ninjas. Ninjas are cool. 'Nuf sed.

Courtney e said...

I'm still waiting for Christmas Break Post #3. What's takin' so long?