Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

While I didn't really expect an overwhelming response to my last post, quite honestly folks that was just insulting. I see now that you don't want to get to know me and my parents better, you don't care about our interests or quirks, but instead you rather view me as simply an object to coo over and get some personal delight in and my parents as nothing more than the means through which you get such pleasures.

Excuse me, occasionally I like to soapbox it up. I think I may have inherited that from one of my parents but I'm not sure which one. They're both
pretty stubborn, but I think Daddy is more vocal
about it so I'll blame him. Mommy just told me she agrees with this thought so it must be correct. Anywho, the last week or so has been almost completely uninteresting. Here are a few of the highlights. A week ago yesterday we went down to Kansas City after Daddy got off work. He met an old friend named Kevin at the Tae Kwon Do school there and they worked out together and had fun and got hurt. I think Daddy really liked it. Check out picture three to see why you shouldn't kick elbows with shins. That's not a second knee installed in case of a necessary emergency roadside knee replacement. Nope
that's just a lump Daddy got from kicking Kevin's
elbow.
Speaking of bumps check out my first bruise in picture two. I received that baby after a nasty fall. See Mommy and I were out shopping for food, clothing and shelter like usual when all of the sudden these bandits swooped out of nowhere in a hot air balloon and tried to grab our loot. Well I noticed they had grabbed Daddy's chocolate milk stash for the week and knowing how sad this would make him I quickly ran onto the roof of our car and jumped onto a light pole, climbed it and dove from the top into the basket of the thieves' getaway balloon. Naturally after this display of awesomeness they wanted nothing to do with me anymore and quickly surrendered the milk. I grabbed it, jumped out of the basket and landed safely on the ground using my diaper as a parachute. The bump came around later after I slipped at home on nothing apparent and smacked my face on my highchair.

On Friday was Mommy's birthday and they LEFT ME alone with two fairly strange people for like 4 hours. It was, well not really that bad, in fact I kinda had fun with the Bergstens, but the point remains: WHO LEAVES THEIR INFANT ALONE with strangeish people. Mommy and Daddy apparently went to the new Olive Garden in St. Joseph and filled their 110 minute wait time with a movie called The Bucket List. (Do you think English teachers would use the correct style for a movie title even if their blogging. I kinda hope one of my old English teachers reads this and yells at me because Addilyn didn't use quotations or italics or underline or whatever it is supposed to be-Tyler) They said the movie was pretty good, funny but a little sappy. Anyways afterwards they got back to Olive Garden and only had a 15 minute wait. The meal was quite tasty I was told. Then the next day we all packed up shop and left for Nebraska. I know, I know. Ewww, right. Well we went to meet G&G Butts for the weekend and they got us a room at the Embassy Suites. Let me tell you it was Suite. Hehehehehe, that has to be the best joke ever, hahahaha I can't believe nobody has ever thought of that before. While in that backward land we ate some delicious food, saw some fossils/skeletons/dinosaurness at a museum and even swam a little. It was fun.

So that pretty much brings us round to the present day. Daddy was a little sick last couple of days but he's feeling better. Mommy is hanging out with some ladies from church semi-regularly and I'm just cool as ever. You should come see me next weekend. I hear something fun is in the works.

Till then,

Addilyn Elise



Can you say "Verbose Pontification" in German?



5 comments:

Courtney e said...

1. I wouldn't think too much into the meatloaf thing. I don't eat it so I don't listen to it

2. Addilyn, leaving you with two people other than your parents is a good thing. You'll learn to love it and never want your parents to come home... or you'll end up being like me and be the worst kid ever to the baby-sitters (Right Carrie?) Anyways... it's a good thing... just remember that, and sometimes you can con them into doing something your parents wouldn't usually allow. Talk to me for pointers...

3. See ya next on the 8th!!

Kendall Smith said...

Addilyn--I love your videos!!!

Ollie

Courtney e said...

I LIKE THE BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cute kid! It is amazing to me that 4 year old little Tyler that I used to love playing GI Joe with grew up and produced such a beautiful daughter!
And it is even more amazing that Courtney LIVED to see the day that Tyler grew up because she really WAS a handful for her babysitter!;)
Carrie Macy

Courtney e said...

Haha, told ya!