Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mmm... sleep!

Hello everyone. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I've decided that I like sleep. It really is quite wonderful. You get to lay around in a super comfy, really warm crib for hours at a time and you don't get bored or lonesome or hungry or anything. That's why I have been sleeping as much as possible for the last few days. Here are some examples. On Monday, I didn't wake up before Daddy left at a quarter til 7:00 (like I usually do); instead I slept in until 9:00. It was nice, so nice in fact that I decided to try it again the next morning and ended up not getting up until a quarter til 10:00!! I was all set to try again on Wednesday morning but when Daddy came in to say goodbye before he left for the day, he woke me up. That normally wouldn't have been a real big problem for someone as determined as myself but I was HUNGRY. So I ate as quickly as I could, promptly went right back to sleep and slept until 10:30. Mommy seemed to be okay with all my extra sleep in the morning until I decided that I would take my normal long morning naps as well. She keeps trying to get me to stay up longer which is why I (determined as I am) continue curling up on the floor and trying to go to sleep there. She seems to be a little worried about me but I've tried to tell her it's just that I've gotten so active while I'm awake that I need to compensate.
As we've established in previous posts, I'm pulling myself up on everything (even things as wobbly as my car seat) and crawling everywhere. I absolutely love the new freedom and mobility I have. I can go from one end of the apartment to the other (and often do) in less than a minute. Sometimes I get so excited about crawling around quickly that my legs will go faster than my hands and I'll fall over. This always seems to get a smile out of Mommy so I continue to do it just for her sake (you know, you've got to keep your audience happy).

Other than that, there have been a few things going on around our house. This past weekend Mommy, Daddy and I all went to Topeka for a Tae Kwon Do instructors seminar that Daddy had to attend. Mommy and I got to spend the day with Aunt Courtney, Aunt Kendall, Lisa Habluetzel and Candice Weathers who all made the trip for a Girls' Day. We went out to eat (although I ate my usual squash and Cheerios), wandered through the mall and finally ended up at Barnes & Noble. All and all it was a pretty fun day. Daddy said that he was feeling a little low on Addilyn time though, (since he spent all of Saturday away from me) so last night he took me to St. Joe to look for Mommy's birthday gift. We had fun, but I was a little tired toward the end.

We are all pretty excited about this weekend as we are making the trek down to El Dorado. We haven't been down there since November (and since I got sick last time, I haven't seen the church since Labor Day weekend) so it is definitely time. It should be fun. I'll get the chance to see my cousin Oliver and hang out with Grandma & Grandpa.

Anyway, I should go. It's getting about time for my nap.

I leave you with a video Daddy took of me enjoying a band called Sevendust (some of Daddy's heavy music).



As always,

Addilyn Elise

2 comments:

Kendall Smith said...

Nice dancing!!!!!

Courtney e said...

She looks like an Oompa Loompa in that photo where she's trying to stand... a very cute one - not a short, stubby one.

Yeah, I too dig the dancing.