Saturday, September 12, 2009

Frisbee on Campus

Tyler is back in college now and what do college students do at North Park: play frisbee on the quad. On an especially beautiful Sunday afternoon a couple of weeks ago (or our second Sunday here), we decided to try it out with Addilyn and Asher in tow.

Here's the play-by-play:

Addilyn likes to run. She really likes to be chased. Tyler is indulging her. (For those of you who aren't familiar with the North Park campus, the steeple you see in the background is the top of the seminary building.)


We also thought this would be a good opportunity to teach Addilyn how to throw a frisbee.


She is a warrior.


Tyler's thoughts:
"Oh, isn't she cute?"


"Okay, I'm getting a little bored now."


"Seriously kid, give me back my frisbee."


Lonely Asher (he was supposed to be taking a nap; not likely).


And there go the shoes.


Tyler calls this the Gollum picture (those of you familiar with Lord of the Rings will understand the reference).

Okay, and now she's bored.
I hope you feel like you were there.

5 comments:

Courtney e said...

tyler's even dressed all preppy like a npu'er

Tyler & Erin Johnson said...

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

This should help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preppy

-Erin

Kendall Smith said...

Ahhhh. Once again, your pictures captured such fun memories. I wish I was there.

The Millers said...

I totally feel like I was there! Poor Asher all alone! :) So glad I haven't had to break out the long sleeved clothing yet!

Natalija said...

Hey, I know I never really met you guys, my husband and I started going to Onelife right as you guys were heading to Chicago, but I stumbled upon this blog through Melissa's and I thought I'd mention, a dear dear close friend of mine is in her last year of seminary at North Park! Her name is Sarah Robinson, and I know it's a stretch but it's not a huge school and she's a warm personality. Just thought I'd mention she's someone fun, hope life is going great!!