Friday, March 18, 2011

My Birthday

I've come to discover lately that my world revolves around food. I think about it all the time. I love perusing recipes, trying out new ones and of course eating yummy things of all sorts. This fascination was never so clear as on my birthday. When people would ask me what I was doing for my birthday, I would tell them everything I planned on eating that day. So for my (very late) birthday post, it only seems right to show you what I did/ate.
I got to try some new recipes (without worrying whether others might like them). I chose lettuce wraps and egg drop soup. I don't try a whole lot of Asian foods so I was pretty excited (and Tyler and Addilyn seemed fine with them as well).
Yes, I made my own birthday cake. It's my birthday and if I want to make my own cake, I will. I got to christen a giant cupcake pan I got for Christmas so that was exciting.
I giggled a lot while decorating it. I have oodles of cake decorating equipment that I've never had the chance to use. It was fun to try them out. And the peanut butter frosting was awesome so that was an added bonus.
This wasn't actually on my birthday but the Friday after. Tyler and I got to go for a date. I chose to do a dessert date at a restaurant I had seen featured on The Best of Chicago. It's a show on Sunday nights that talks all about awesome restaurants in Chicago. Our date was at Hot Chocolate which was featured in their dessert show. I was giddy excited. This was their Taffy Apples dessert. It was really good.
And this was their Thoughts on a Peanut Butter Cup. Delicious. This was the dessert that was featured on the show and was therefore the reason we came. It was incredible and well worth a special trip.

1 comment:

Denita Dyck said...

Well done- days SHOULD revolve around food!!