Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snow Sculptures

We're going on a snow adventure. Want to come along? Here are our cast of characters:
Elias donning a hand-me-down hat (both Addilyn and Asher wore this hat).
Asher in a hand-me-down hat (Mommy's hat).
Addilyn in a hand-me-down hat (I'm noticing a trend).
Daddy in his own hat. It looks like we're ready to go on our snow adventure!
We are going to a snow sculpting contest at Navy Pier.
Check out Captain America!
I don't know if there's a lot of snow under the sea (it seems like an impossibility to me) but here would be the scene if there was. Check out all that detail.
A stop at the Billy Goat for some cheezborgers (chips, no fries). This is a definitive Chicago eating experience (at least all the pictures of political leaders eating here would imply so).
Back to the snow. Do you see that ladder? We got to see the artists actually working on some of them. It was pretty amazing to see the process and watch them work.
If I remember right, this one won. It was pretty awesome.
The family (and our two strollers) at the contest.
Addilyn and I liked the penguins.
Tyler liked the drums (with ice drumsticks).
Overall it was pretty fun (for a crazy, quick, and fairly chilly trip). On to warmer adventures!!

No comments: