Saturday, September 28, 2013

D is for Donut

Last week was D week. To celebrate the occasion, and the beginning of fall, we made some cinnamon donuts. Here was one of my very enthusiastic helpers.
I had some others who wanted to help as well.
Checking out the progress.
Everyone else wanted to check out the view as well.
Here's what they were staring at.  It smelled awesome!! 
After they were done frying, we coated them in cinnamon sugar. 
Everyone (except Albert) got a chance to help.  I think this was everyone's favorite part.
 Our finished product.
This was Asher's very first taste of a donut. He seemed to like it!
Bite!
Addilyn liked them too!
Poor Albert didn't get to try them. He did enjoy some donut-shaped Cheerios.  That counts, right? No?
Daddy was working that morning so we decided to save a few for him.

Elias was pretty sad when his donuts were gone. 
What do you mean, "You think I've had enough,"?
Ahhhh!!
But seriously, I'd like another one please.
Later in the day, after Daddy came home and we went out for a drive and back, the little ferret may have sneaked into the kitchen and ate most of the two we had left (which I made the mistake of leaving out on the counter).  Stinker!
On the whole, these donuts were a hit on all counts. Yay for D week!!

1 comment:

Brian and Cheryl said...

Awesome fun D week. I must admit, Elias' pout makes me want to make donuts for him. I can feel his pain. Sweet pics! Thanks for sharing.