Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Day

This might be my favorite picture ever...
Except for maybe this one.  I fully intend to bring this one out for graduations and weddings.  I love it!  Their expressions and the way they are standing just kill me.  Awesomeness!
Brother hug!  So cute.
Although this is a bit more accurate.  Gotta get away!

So what was I supposed to be posting about?  Oh yes, Asher's first day of preschool. I keep getting distracted by how cute he looks with his hands in his pockets.  
Oh wait, he was digging for cars.
Anyway, Monday was Asher's very first day of preschool.  We didn't think to sign him up until very late in the game so we were scrambling a bit to find him something.  When I had just about given up (as you might have noticed by my vague attempts at homeschooling), someone tipped me off about a program through the Chicago Parks District.  I checked it out and there was just one spot left.  Perfect!
He was super excited!
I mean SUPER excited!  
His first day was a success.  Although as soon as we walked out the door he told me, "I didn't make any friends." He wasn't sad about that or anything, just stating a fact. Luckily, one of the other boys in the class practically climbed into our van to say goodbye and that seemed to be just the instigation Asher was needing.  Now he has a friend named Alex (which he is very proud of).  He still doesn't know anyone else's name but he's made progress.
He was pretty sad that he doesn't get to go everyday (it's a Monday, Wednesday, Friday program) so I'd say he likes it.  Woohoo!

Oh, a note on his hair: We were doing a pre-preschool hair cut and may have accidentally knocked off the guide in the process.  Whoops!  So he got a Daddy hair cut.  As Tyler said, it was going to happen eventually.  He didn't seem to mind so that's good.  Anyway, just to reiterate, he's not sick, just a little less hairy.

No comments: