Tuesday, April 10, 2007

ATTENTION

It has come to my attention that one could consider it bad form to refer to an employer as a fascist in such a public forum as a blog. It has also come to my attention that fascist has two s's in it. I'm not sure why the first one is there but apparently that is the way it is. Let me clarify now, if you will, my original intentions for the statements I made previously.

My opinion on most topics is that new thought should be grounded in, and therefore should not contradict, classical thought. I have found this to be true in Physics, Math and Theology. It should naturally follow, then, that my implications were based on the classical view of fascism which is based off the Fascist Manifesto published on June 6, 1919. If you recall what you were undoubtedly taught at some point in your education you will remember that the policies of labor and social issues as laid out by the manifesto were as follows.

The quick enactment of a law of the State that sanctions an eight-hour workday for all workers;

A minimum wage;

The participation of workers' representatives in the functions of industry commissions;

Reorganisation of the railways and the transport sector;

Revision of the draft law on invalidity insurance;

Reduction of the retirement age from 65 to 55.

Since Siggins Co. has an eight hour work day, I am guaranteed a minimum salary, we are commissioned by societal companies, we reorganize transportation systems, we have disability insurance and I'm sure some day I'll retire, I thought that the term fascist was appropriate. I make no allusions to any neo-nazi or communist acts on the part of Siggins.

Having said that I would like to clarify a thing or two.
1. I have no idea if what I grabbed off of Wikipedia is accurate.
2. I wish I could wear my Chacos at work.
3. I like my job and the company I work for.
4. I don't like wearing shoes.
5. Fascism doesn't need two s's.

1 comment:

Kendall Smith said...

I was quite impressed with your extensive knowledge of the manifesto!!! And maybe you could get them to incorporate some sort of "Casual Friday" where Chacos are the ONLY shoes allowed!!!!