Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Advent and Christmas Stuff

This is our very first Advent calendar.  We've never had one before.  I made this using only things I could find around our house so that was a kind of fun challenge.
I stick a slip of paper under each number with a family activity for the day.  It's been pretty fun thus far.
Our first activity was picking out our Christmas tree.  Our second was making an old-fashioned popcorn and cranberry garland for our tree. 
I wasn't sure what to expect, if the kids would enjoy it or not, but they all seemed to like it.
Here's Addilyn and her finished strand.
Even Elias got into it.  He didn't get too far but he seemed to enjoy skewering the cranberries (all the kids had blunt-ended embroidery needles). I was really surprised at how long he worked at this project.
Asher enjoyed it too.  We just might have to make the popcorn/cranberry garland a tradition every year!

No comments: