Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Snowflakes and Special Drinks

Paper snowflakes are always so fun.  They were one of our advent activities and after a couple of years of making them, I think we've finally figured them out.  I finally discovered how to fold them so they come out with 6 sides like an actual snowflake has.  I guess I probably could have figured it out before if I had actually thought about it. 
Anyway, look how pretty?  Since it is kind of hard to cut through all those layers, I had the kids draw the designs they wanted and then I cut them.

Here is one of Addilyn's.  She was really into it so she made four.  You can see another one of her's in the background.  It's the one with the stars (one of my favorites).
And the one was Asher's.  He wanted to decorate his after I cut it so his is a colorful snowflake.
The next night we made special drinks.  Daddy made them all peppermint hot chocolate using real chocolate and candy canes!
And then we sate on the couch and read Christmas stories.

No comments: