Friday, December 20, 2013

Caramel Corn and Ornaments

Another one of our Advent activities was making caramel corn.  
All mixed up and ready for the oven.  I didn't have corn syrup (I had a bad experience with corn syrup and an ant invasion once and now I'm not fond of having it in the house) so I swapped in honey and it actually worked out.  Yay for improvising!
Super crunchy!
Addilyn likes to be dramatic in eating (or she was posing for me: thanks, girlie!).
Elias definitely liked it.  Asher ate and enjoyed some too; unfortunately he was too squiggly and came out blurry in all my pictures.
The next night we enjoyed some more caramel corn while watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.  You have to love the classics.
After that we made some bead ornaments.  
Basically, we took all bunch of those perler beads that you iron together to make shapes and just filled cookie cutters and then baked them.
They turned out pretty good.  I forgot about putting a string or wire through so we could hang them.  
That's okay though.  It gave me an excuse to get out a pair of pliers and play with fire a bit.  I ended up just getting some wire really hot and jamming it through the tops.  Problem solved.
So here's our decorated tree, all finished.  Not too shabby, right?

No comments: